The year of 2019, the year of the Earth Pig, was a difficult one for many. It was a year of inner work and reflection and also a pulling together of things, which for many was preceded by a falling apart of things.
This new year of 2020 not only boasts a new decade, but it’s also fresh positive energy from the Chinese zodiac perspective. Opportunities abound this year and it will be a great year for businesses and promoting yourself! It’s time to reap the benefits of the work you have done over the past several years and also to plant new seeds for the next decade and new 12 year cycle. It’s a year for planning and for taking action on those plans. The possibility of experiencing abundance is available to everyone this year!
The 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac cycle through each of the 5 elements so there is a 60 year full cycle. With the year of the RAT in 2020 we begin a brand new sign cycle. This is an opportunity for a fresh start. The actions and decisions you make this year set the tone for the next 12 years! From the Chinese zodiac perspective the 2020 “vision” year fits in perfectly with the fresh energy of the Metal Rat (metal being about focus and clarity and the rat bringing a fresh beginning.)
Each animal is naturally connected to an element and the RAT’s element is Water. This particular year we have a METAL RAT. Since metal produces water (think of the condensation on a metal water bottle that is not insulated), we have the metal energy feeding the rat’s natural element, which could mean a more peaceful year. However, 2020 is not a year to be lazy energy since the element of metal is about focus, discipline, refinement, structure, logic and honesty.
Looking at the personality of the Rat helps give us a glimpse of what’s in store for the coming year. Rats have a split personality. They are both Yin and Yang, having front paws with four fingers (yin) and back paws with five toes (yang). Further, each Chinese animal is associated with two hours of the day and the Rat’s energy is split since their hours span two days, going from 11pm – 1am.
Rats are introverts but also need to be around people. They can be bossy (they are the #1 animal in the Chinese zodiac after all…like Aries in the traditional zodiac). Rats aren’t given handouts – they have to scrounge for their food, which means you will need to put yourself out there and go after what you want this year. Rats tend to live in the moment and are devoted to their family. They are very detail-oriented, but they don’t like to work too hard so their success results from using their minds. They are quite adaptable and their best friend is the Ox with other friends being Dragons and Monkeys (this gives you a hint about who has a good year in store!)
Numerology Connects with Metal Rat Year Energy
It’s interesting, though not all that surprising that the numerology for 2020 echoes the energy of the Chinese zodiac year of the Metal Rat. This year is a 22/4 year which is quite powerful. According to Louise Hay’s book, Colors and Numbers, 22/4 relates to greatness and the 4 by itself is about being practical, which connects very strongly with the energy of metal. We haven’t had this powerful double energy in a year since 1919.
Things to do this year:
- Work with others, in your community and focus on projects that benefit many
- Build something, especially foundations
- Be constructive (also means being positive and happy as you do your work)
- Be productive and organized
- Focus and pay attention to details
- Work on big projects and follow a schedule for completion
- Focus on self-discipline and using your mind
- “Weed” and declutter your space, your mind, your life
- Organize and care for your things: home, clothes, finances, etc.
- Wear white, gold and metallics to tap into the energy of Metal
- Be in harmony with the earth (spending more time outside, using eco-friendly products, giving back by cleaning up the planet)
Industries that will perform well in 2020 include:
Computers Banking/Financial Power Generation
Restaurants Entertainment Real Estate Construction
Mining Insurance Technology Machinery
Challenged Industries in 2020 include:
Fashion Media Communication Books
Shipping Transport Environment
To determine your Chinese Animal and best hours of the day, use this chart!
Your Year – How it looks for you in 2020
Nobleman: A gift this year for those born in years ending in 5 or 9!!
This brings more support, protection, guidance, solutions and assistance this year – an added boost which will make this year a more comfortable one for you. This offsets a challenging year. It’s a great time to move, write a book, start something new or travel.
The energies described below are general energies. You can ALWAYS have a good year and this year of 2020 is ripe with opportunities for everyone!
Extremely Good Year: Ox Dragon Monkey
It’s a good year for you to be more fearless… start a business, write a book,
make a move, start a new career/job as you have good energy behind you!
Neutral Year: Rat Tiger Snake Rooster Dog Pig
*Challenging Year: Horse (this is your clash year) Rabbit Sheep
This is a year to be more cautious, move more slowly, step back, don’t take
risks, lay low. You may still have a good year if you follow this guidance!
* Those having a challenging year will benefit from having an OX talisman
This can be a stone figurine, a necklace, a stuffed animal etc. and it is used to run interference between you and the rat this year. Ox are friends with the Rat and they will calm down the energy for you. à Keep this talisman somewhere you will see it daily, like your dresser, bathroom counter, or desk.
Some ideas for Ox talismans:
Chinese Ox Golden Resin Collectible Figurines Table Decor Statue
Feng Shui 4″ Gold Money Bull ~ Ox Wealth Statue
On the actual Chinese Lunar New Year (January 25th) and the Chinese Solar New Year (February 4th) it is best…
- Use knives or scissors
- Cut or wash your hair
- Clean your house or sweep
- Use negative words (complain or focus on what you don’t want)
Can DO these things:
- Perform a blessing or ritual to bring positive energy into your space
- Eat long noodles, like rice noodles, to promote longevity
- Celebrate with friends and family
- Do things you really love to do
Things to do BEFORE the Chinese New Year:
January 25th (Lunar New Year) or February 4th (Solar New Year)
- Energy clearing of your home and workplace with sage or bells
- Complete any unfinished business (carrying this over into the new year hinders forward movement)
- Clean your house
- Sweep your home to sweep out last year’s energy
- Complete repairs needed in the home, esp clocks & electronics that can stall you
- Wash windows
- Empty garbage and recycling containers
- Make sure your front door can open fully, clean it and the handles
- Replace the front door mat and put the new one in place on Feb. 3rd
- Clear all clutter, keeping only things that Spark JOY. Donate/Sell/Discard the rest
- Organize paper and digital files, calendars and schedules
- Organize your home including closets and drawers
- Clean out your refrigerators and pantry. Toss expired food, medication & makeup
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs
- Clean mirrors, crystals and glass to bring clarity in 2020
- Freshen or recreate dream boards, altars, meditation areas with new intentions
- Have your car serviced and clean it to allow easy flow in the new year
- Pay debts and balance bank statements to create a fresh slate for 2020
- Make amends with friends/family/colleagues to facilitate new beginnings
- Need a haircut? Do so before the Feb 4th to prevent cutting into good luck.
- Put Flying Star adjustments for 2020 in place before Feb. 4th. If you haven’t had a Flying Star consult, book yours here!
Feng Shui can be confusing. Do you need help figuring out your Bagua? Do you want help determining what to do within your home to boost the power of your intentions for Health, Career, Finances and Relationships?
Let’s chat! I offer a FREE 20 minute Virtual Coffee Chat. I’d love to get to know you better and give you 2-4 ideas to help you shift the energy in your space and in your life.
Feng Shui Intuitive Coach
WWS Certified Feng Shui Practitioner
Certified Angel Card Reader Life