Keeping ashes in your home is a Feng Shui Challenge
Many people keep the ashes of their loved ones in their homes and often they are placing them in a location within the home that is energetically harming them. The energy of non-living things (not only ashes, but also dried flowers and other “dead” items) can create many difficulties — everything from lost opportunities and income to health and relationship challenges.
Dead things and ashes, whether human or pet remains, represent stuck or stagnant energy and it is best to remove them from your home. If you have dead trees in your yard, remove them. If you have plants that are dead or dying and cannot be revived, remove them.
Note: If the plant was placed as a Feng Shui adjustment and died, it has likely taken the energetic “hit” for you. Thank it for it’s service to you and replace the plant with a bigger or more expensive one.
Remove dried flowers unless they have special significance to you, such as a wedding bouquet. Consider whether you can remember the event through pictures with the living flowers instead. If you wish to keep the dried flowers, preserve and honor them by placing them in a shadow box or other container.
Many of my clients do not wish to remove the ashes of their loved ones from their home. In these cases, I make recommendations on where the ashes can be placed to do the least harm. Let’s first be clear about where ashes should not be placed within the home:
- In the Bedroom or outside the bedroom door. The bedroom is your place of rest, rejuvenation and romance. Keeping ashes here can negatively affect your health as well as your romantic relationships, where the deceased loved one is literally coming between you and a vibrant life with those who are still living and with your own body that is still alive.
- In the Dining Room. The dining room is where you take in food to nourish your body. We want living things in this space to signify life-giving energy to your body.
- In the Kitchen. The kitchen is where your food is cooked, which also nourishes your body and the stove is located here, which is symbolizes your wealth so keeping ashes in this location can affect both your health and your finances.
- Near the Front Door. As you’ve read in my previous blogs, the front door is considered the “Mouth of Chi” where all the energy and opportunities come into your home. Keeping ashes, or other non-living things in this area can push opportunities away and prevent abundance from flowing to you.
Ashes you wish to keep should be placed in a common area, like a family room or living room and well away from the front door, kitchen, dining room or your bedrooms.
Do you wish you could connect with your loved one who has passed? I can help you with this! Through my work as an Angel Card reader and psychic I’m able to connect you with your loved ones. I’ve found these souls have beautiful messages for you and are so happy when I’m able to relay them and share the ways they are present in your everyday life. To learn more about my Angel Reading services and book your reading visit my website.
There is a special Feng Shui adjustment called the Sealing the Doors Ceremony that is beneficial and recommended to be performed when:
- You are keeping ashes in the home
- You’ve had bad luck in a house
- You’ve been robbed
- Occupants are feeling unsafe
- Your home is located across from a church, cemetery or funeral home
- You suspect other living spirits are present within your house
To obtain a copy of the Sealing the Doors adjustment, please email me at Kim@FindingYourFiji.com. I will request that you honor the Red Envelope tradition in exchange for receiving the adjustment.
Sealing the Doors Kits are also available for purchase on my Finding Your Fiji Etsy site.
Feng Shui can be confusing. Do you need help figuring out your Bagua? Do you want help determining what to do within your home to boost the power of your intentions for Health, Career, Finances and Relationships?
Let’s chat! I offer a FREE 20 minute Virtual Coffee Chat. I’d love to get to know you better and give you 2-4 ideas to help you shift the energy in your space and in your life. Click here to book it: http://bitly.com/2ChatwithKim
Get your FREE GIFT – 9 Fast Feng Shui Fixes to Attract Abundance For more regular inspiration, Connect with me on Facebook: Finding Your Fiji
Kim Julen, Shiftmaster WWS Certified Feng Shui Practitioner Certified Angel Card Reader Life and Business Coach bringing harmony to your head, your heart and your home. www.FindingYourFiji.com 651-230-7361