If you want more money, you do! The quickest way to manifest more money is to clear out clutter. Clutter busting helps with a number of other life issues as well!
When I do a Feng Shui home consult, I specifically ask the client not to clean or straighten up. By seeing how they live on a daily basis, I’m better able to help them shift the energy in their space and get to the root of their life challenges.
So, I do see clutter. And, to be honest, I have a few clutter spots in my own home. My office closet is one of them. I swear the stuff in there is multiplying! I have cleaned and organized this closet multiple times. You know how it is…you clean out other areas and more stuff gets shoved into the closet, right? It can be a vicious cycle.
So what’s clutter got to do with manifesting money?
In Feng Shui, clutter represents stuck energy. When energy is stuck, money cannot flow to you. More than that, though, the objects in your space affect you. They generally either lift you up or they drag you down. Yes, clutter an physically and mentally drain you. And, clutter in the different areas of your home (in Feng Shui we call them guas) can keep you from moving forward in that area (such as career or partnership or wealth).
Clutter can cause:
- Clouded vision
- Relationships to suffer
- Weight issues
- Health issues
- Lack of focus
- Lost opportunities
- Financial difficulties
- Impeded growth
The more clutter you have piled on horizontal surfaces (desks, dressers, countertops, fireplace mantels, etc.) the cloudier your vision and the less clear you are about where you’re headed in life.
By removing clutter, you are allowing vital energy, opportunities and money to flow to you. The empty space creates a vacuum, begging to be filled with the things you really want to be, do and have in your life. It stands to reason, then, that clearing clutter is the quickest way to manifest more money.
Clutter can take many forms including: paper, email, mind, disorganized stuff, things that are broken, excess amount of things, unused items, things you don’t love, things that belong to someone else (caretaker items).
Clutter Busting Tips
1) If you don’t use it and/or love it, let it go!
2) Clear one space: a counter, a shelf, a corner, your dresser and declare this spot as a clutter-free zone which means keeping it clear!
3) Start in your bedroom. Make that a haven so you can sleep well and have the energy to tackle the rest of it.
4) Clear clutter according to categories, such as clothing, books, shoes, nick nacks
5) Spend 9 minutes a day clearing clutter and in a month you will have spent 4 ½ hours clearing clutter! Set a timer. You can do anything for 9 minutes, right?
6) Remove 9 items every day that you don’t use, or love or are broken. In just 9 days you will have removed 81 things!
7) Ring a bell over the clutter or hang a clear round crystal in the area to get the energy moving and help you gain clarity about what to keep
8) Sort items into 5 categories: Keep/Donate/Toss/Sell/Undecided
*Keep items: Find a permanent home for them…everything has a place
*Donate: Remove the bags immediately and put them in car for drop off
*Toss: Put them out with the next garbage pickup
*Sell: Start taking pictures and listing one or two a day
*Undecided: This box helps keep the process moving along. Most likely when you are done going through an area, you will have a different view of the things that are in this box and be ready to let them go!
9) Put everything in a box. This is an option for quickly clearing an area. Use a notecard to write down what’s in the box. Then, store it. If you don’t use any of the items in 6 months, you’ll know it’s safe to let them go!
Whatever suggestions you like of the 9 I’ve provided above, simply begin. Once you start, you will shift the energy in your space and be inspired to continue!
For more Feng Shui tips, like my Facebook Page, FindingYourFiji.
If you received this article from a friend, register for my newsletter here. You get a bonus FREE gift – 9 Fast Feng Shui Fixes to Attract Abundance!
4 thoughts on “Do You Need a Clutter Buster?”