Take charge of your career by moving your desk
Do you feel out of control at work? Surprised or unprepared for what comes at you or like you’re handling too many pesky details? The position of your desk is an important factor that affects how you feel at work, your productivity and your reputation.
If your desk is…
- Vulnerable to the door (meaning you can’t see the door from where you sit – like when your back is to the door) you may feel unprepared and surprised by what or who comes in. It’s an uneasy feeling that can not only make it difficult to focus but also leave you feeling like you’re constantly putting out fires rather than doing the business shifting tasks.
- Too close to the door you are in what we call in Feng Shui “the Gatekeeper” position and you are likely handling a lot of things that could be handled by someone else. If you’re the boss and you’re in this position, you may be doing secretary type work or have employees coming to you constantly with issues someone else could be handling.
- In line with the door there is a lot of energy coming at you and you may find it difficult to focus on your work.
So, where should your desk be placed? In the COMMAND POSITION, of course! The command position is the farthest location from the door, facing the door. Ideally, I like to see a solid wall behind you as that provides more support than a row of windows, for instance.
What do I do if I cannot move my desk?
If you cannot move your desk and you are:
- Facing a wall or vulnerable to the door, add a mirror in front of you that will allow you to see the door when you sit at your desk. The mirror allows you to see what’s coming at you & to be prepared.
- In line with the door or too close to the door, hang a small round crystal between you and the door. Ideally this would be hung from a 9” red thread or ribbon. The round crystal helps balance the energy and disperse it so it’s not hitting you as you sit at your desk.
Being in the command position (or using the recommended Feng Shui adjustments) puts you in control of your career and your business. It allows you to feel prepared for what’s coming at you and brings you feelings of peace and calm. When you place your desk in the command position, you’ll be better able to focus on your work and worry less about the unexpected.
BONUS Tip! Get a high back chair with arms. This is about being the executive in your business/career. You don’t see high level exec’s sitting on a folding chair, do you?
If you feel stuck in your business and want help getting back in the flow, schedule your FREE Virtual Coffee Chat today: http://bitly.com/2ChatwithKim
Feng Shui can be confusing. Do you need help figuring out your Bagua? Do you want help determining what to do within your home to boost the power of your intentions for Health, Career, Finances and Relationships?
Let’s chat! I offer a FREE 20 minute Virtual Coffee Chat. I’d love to get to know you better and give you 2-4 ideas to help you shift the energy in your space and in your life. Click here to book it: http://bitly.com/2ChatwithKim
Get your FREE GIFT – 9 Fast Feng Shui Fixes to Attract Abundance For more regular inspiration, Connect with me on Facebook: Finding Your Fiji
Kim Julen, Shiftmaster WWS Certified Feng Shui Practitioner Certified Angel Card Reader Life and Business Coach bringing harmony to your head, your heart and your home. www.FindingYourFiji.com 651-230-7361